Welcoming Message Program and Tuition School Admission Chicago Life Break Camp Contact Ivy

f-1 visa
preparation from outside of US
신분 변경 방법
SEVIS 신분유지

How to apply for a student visa (F-1)
How to prepare for the F-1 visa interview? Prepare the following documents because U.S. government officials like documents.

Try to have documents for the consul’s review that prove why you are qualified for a student visa. Along with your Ivy’s I-20, bring your original Ivy admission letter, a current passport, original financial documents and any other documents that prove strong ties to your home country (such as evidence of employment and immediate family living in your home country). Present the original financial documents you gave us, instead of copies, during the visa interview. Your documents must match what appears on your Form I-20. Consuls will also want to see the original admission letter announcing your acceptance, your current passport and any original documents you possess that demonstrate ties to your country.
If you are a citizen of a foreign country, you will need a visa to enter the United States. You should apply for a visa at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. The visa for which you will be applying as an international student is a nonimmigrant-type visa called the F-1 visa. Students are encouraged to apply for their visas early to provide ample time for visa processing. American embassies and consulates can issue your F-1 visa within 120 days before the starting date on the Form 1-20. However, you may enter the U.S. only within 30 days of the Form I-20 start date.

Before you apply for the visa, you should understand the process and rules governing the issuance of U.S. visas. Many visa applications fail because the student was not prepared. Please read the following information very carefully and contact us if you need more information or help.  More detailed information can be found at

Visit the U.S .embassy’s website ( and read instructions for filling out necessary forms: Form DS-156 and Form DS-158. You may also need to complete the Form DS-157.
You must pay a one-time SEVIS fee (I-901 fee). You may use the on-line payment system by going to Any VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card, whether issued in the U.S. or overseas, can be used to pay the fee over the internet. Once payment is submitted, you can print a receipt for immediate verification of fee payment. You will also receive a Form I-797 receipt in the mail.

Convince the Consul of your intention to return home. The person who decides whether or not to give you a visa to come to the U.S. is a “consul.” Student visas are only given to persons who can convince the consul that they intend to return permanently to their home country after they complete their studies. Convince that you will do so.

Have a good academic objective for coming to the U.S.
You need to have a good reason to attend Ivy, granted admission to the program, and be able to prove you can finance the education you will pursue here. Clearly express why you want to improve your English proficiency at Ivy. Based on the financial documents you sent us, we are confident that you can pay for your education. Be sure to bring all original copies of the same documentation to the consul for review.

Do not talk about working in the U.S.
You are required to prove that you can support the costs of studying and living in the U.S. Employment is strictly controlled by the Immigration Service and is not guaranteed. If the consular official asks you whether you intend to work in the US, you should say that you will work only as authorized by your F-1 visa status.



pdf Ivy Application
pdf F-1 Visa Application
pdf I-134 Form
pdf List of Graduates
pdf Credit Card Payment Form
pdf Housing Application