Like Us on Facebook


ESL English School Chicago area



International Admission




General Information about International Admission and Applying for F-1 visa


Many thanks for showing your interest in Ivy E & E Institute (aka Chicago Ivy Education) where you can get help to make your dreams come true!  The school is committed to providing an excellent educational environment for foreign students to pursue their dreams of becoming global leaders. 


Ivy has more than 20 year history of success, since 1995, in achieving students’ academic dreams – improving their English skills and entering prestigious U.S. universities.  Ivy has been certified by the U.S. government to issue the SEVIS I-20 for qualified international (F-1 visa) students.  Ivy provides student-oriented instructions in small classes at affordable tuition.  Here at Ivy, our students have free access to our computers, parking, and complimentary coffee on every school day.



In general, if you are a non-resident of the United States, you need to obtain an F-1 visa before you start taking classes at Ivy.

To obtain your F-1 visa, you need to get the SEVIS I-20 form, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student, a kind of admission (acceptance) document issued from the school (Ivy). 

If you are an F-1 student, we will issue new I-20s for you when your transfer into Ivy is completed.



To obtain your F-1 visa, you need to do the following.

Step 1: Send your application to Ivy.

Step 2: Once your I-20 is issued by Ivy (you have been accepted!), pay a $200 SEVIS (I-901) fee (as of summer 2013) at Print your receipt and keep it.


Step 3: Obtain your F-1 visa which will be issued by the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country.


Step 3A: How to obtain your F-1 visa (international student visa) at U.S embassy in your home country.  Visit and fill out DS-160.

For more information about the U.S. embassy or consulate location, visit


Step 3B:  How to file COS to F-1 Application (if you are in the U.S.)

Visit Ivy Office with all required documents.


They (US Embassy or US CIS) will ask you questions about the reason why you go to America (or why you want to change your status from J or other visa to F visa) and how you will support your living and education while you study at Ivy, etc. Also, you should be able to explain to the U.S. embassy (or US CIS) staff that you intend to return to your country after completing your education in the U.S.


Step 4: Upon arrival to the United States (Chicago), you should immediately contact Ivy Office to register for classes and complete necessary process to enroll you in the SEVIS system. Bring all immigration documents (passport, I-20, etc. ) and cash/money order/checkbook to pay balance of tuition and fees with you when you visit the Ivy Office. 

See you at Ivy Office!


For more info:                  Phone: 1-(847)-541-1525 or 564-1525           Fax: 1-847-541-1079